Sunday, September 27, 2020

Corona

Coronavirus
Corona is the Crown
Crown of the Head
Head of the State
State of the Nation
Imposed Isolation
Locked in Limitation
Extreme Frustration
Total Agitation
Severe Aggravation
Complete Condemnation
Pandemic Paralysis
Universal Uncertainty
Hiding in Hibernation
Masking our Faces
My Faith is Fading
My Spirit Slowly Dying
Tired of Trying
To Avoid the Inevitable
Keeping busy Postponing
Cannot Escape the Reality
Weary of Waiting
For a Vaccine or
The Miracle Cure
For the Decree
That will set us Free
That will bring back Me

MAL 4/19/20

This was written in the midst of the stay at home orders that kept getting extended and I thought would never end. As an extrovert it was slowly killing me. This was about a month in. Thankfully we were eventually allowed to socialize with restrictions. My life has been slowly returning to as normal as can be in these times. I will take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment