Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Truth

           My SOUL
        feels trapped
    in this overweight
             BODY

         It yearns to 
          B R E A K 
        THROUGH
           all these 
        layers of fat

    At times it feels 
                             
           FREE

   from its 
       chains 
            of 
         flesh

  When it can 

    LIVE 
               in the 
                            MOMENT
                and 
    take 
              a 
                      DEEEEEEP
                                              BREEEEEEAAAAAATHHH

    I do not recognize
            this 
         IMAGE
     in the mirror

My SPIRIT seeks 
                                 RELEASE
from the BURDENS that I bear

PAIN, SORROW, LONELINESS
HATRED, ANGER, FEAR
have filled this vessel
until it begged for MERCY

HABITS started CHANGING
as each burden was released
The years of NEGLECT
were BEGINNING to fade

The BODY is the TEMPLE
of this SOUL upon the Earth
It needs CARE and COMPASSION
to truly HEAL from its wounds

With each HEALTHY choice I make
A TRIMMER me SHINES through
              
              I FEEL 
   what I will become
               I SEE 
 the vision of what can 
                 BE

  I know I can attain it
  To break these chains 
            and set 
         MY SOUL 
            FREE
         
               To       
        FINALLY
  look in the mirror
          and see
   MY TRUE SELF
    staring back at
            ME

No comments:

Post a Comment