Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yoga and Meditation Journal - 11/5/13

Still going strong with my commitment to do yoga, meditate and walk every day. It has become an integral part of my life now and I can't imagine not doing it.

I only missed one day of walking so far, and it was raining and I was coming down with a cold. But the other days I at least did a short walk even with my cold (that I am currently still getting over) and the cold weather. I was also able to do some yoga and meditate even with my cold, by using some aromatherapy to ease my symptoms.

I am very excited about a website that I found with online yoga classes. It is YogaGlo
I already did a meditation, a yin class and two restorative yoga classes. I am particularly enthused about the amount of restorative yoga classes that they offer, so that I can learn some new poses as I am really enjoying doing that at night before bed. It is very relaxing. So I will urse this website as much as I can to keep my home yoga practice interesting and varied. I still enjoy doing my own thing, which I will probably do more in the mornings. But evenings I will try some classes - especially yin and restorative. I am looking forward to some yoga workshops this month at UpDog Yoga. I try to take all those that are offered.

My meditation class is also going well. I am enjoying it. Today we did a Tonglen meditation which focused on compassion for others, yourself and the world. We had a guest teacher, Nina, and she used a singing bowl at the end which really resonated for me and I felt as if vibrations of healing were being sent from me.
We have also been reading two wonderful books on meditation. Thich Nhat Hahn's "The Miracle of Mindfulness" which is a little gem of wisdom. Breath is the key to it all. Also Pema Chodron's "The Wisdom of No Escape" which contains transcripts from daily lectures during a month long meditation retreat. I highly recommend both books. They offer great insight into the truly wonderful practice of meditation, including how you can integrate it into your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment