Saturday, December 7, 2013

Yoga and Meditation Journal - 12/7/13

It has been a while since I posted. My daily practice has waned but I have kept it up weekly at least. I plan to resume my daily practice this coming week. It makes such a difference in my life.

My mediation class ended on 11/25/13 with a wonderful Yoga Nidra. I really enjoyed the series with Duane. I have been making my Tuesday yoga class most weeks, although I missed it this week. Last Wednesday I had a friend come over to do a Yogaglo Restorative yoga class with me and that was a nice way to spend time together. She loved it. We made good use of my props. Marj's Yoga studio! Yesterday I attended another workshop at UpDog yoga, with Yvonne. It was a wonderful healing session with crystal singing bowls being played while we did yoga. Very powerful. Lots of energy flowing and just what I needed after a stressful, busy week. I took a nice long bath (in epsom salt and lavendar  essential oil) afterwards. Ahhh!

I kept up my weekly meditation at work on Wednesdays. It is a nice treat. I have been leading a lot, or partnering with my friend. It feels so wonderful to lead others in this practice. This week on Thursday we did a session at my friend's house with 4 of us. I partnered with her in leading, and it was a nice way to ease my stress from the day. Her friend joined us for the first time and we felt a strong connection. She got a lot out of it and that is great for her first time. We plan to do it again in two weeks. I look foward to these group meditations. They are more powerful than personal practice, although personal practice is powerful in its own way. It is just a greater energy when you practice with others. A different dynamic. But I know that returning to my daily personal practice is important to me. It calms and centers me and helps me through stressful times, which have been plentiful lately. I need to remember to go to these practices when I most need them, to set the intention to make them a priority, so they can help me get through life's burdens. The tendency is to drop things due to neglect from life getting in our way, but we have to bring these things to our lives and make them part of everything we do. It is our mindset that matters. I need to remember that. What a difference it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment