Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Sweet Girl


Gwendolyn so very dear,
I love it when you come so near;
Hugging me so very tight,
Loving me with all your might.

Sweet kisses daily do you give,
Providing reason for me to live.
Your precious smile lights up my day,
More than words could ever say.

When you yell "Mommy" as I return,
It is a prize I could never earn.
Each night that I softly sing you to sleep
Is a precious memory for me to keep.

I watch each day as you grow,
My pride for you more than you know.
Please take your time, don't grow too fast,
So we can make these moments last.

You are my mirror, my “mini me”,
As I imagine the woman you will grow to be.
Your spirit is wonderful, a sight to behold;
I joyously await to see it unfold.

Stay as special as you are today,
Don't change who you are in any way;
You are a treasure, a gem, a pearl;
You will always be my sweet little girl.

                                                                  MAL 7/6/13

No comments:

Post a Comment