Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Inner Beauty

Deep inside of me
My true self I can see
Standing in a mirror
The image is so clear
She radiates a glow
That someday I will show
As she steps out of the glass
We merge as one at last

Once the child is found
We travel all around
From star to star we fly
No need to question why
It is here that I belong
Where I can sing my song
Floating so high and free
My heart is filled with glee

As we return from our flight
The two are in my sight
Together in the mirror
These parts of me so dear
As I start to say goodbye
A shimmer catches my eye
My inner self is beaming
The light within her is streaming

Her wings are open wide
Stretched out on either side

What a gift to let me see
This wondrous part of me
I know she will always be there
When I need some love and care
I no longer need to hide
This treasure I've kept inside

10/12/14

No comments:

Post a Comment