Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Yoga and Meditation Journal - 10/21/14

I think I should add walking to the journal title as it is my new staple, but for me walking is a meditation as I have said before, as I usually do it solitary and in silence. A moving meditation, in harmony with nature as I prefer to be outside, in whatever weather. It is going on week 3 of doing my thrice daily walks. I am really loving it and crave it. I just cannot stop so far. I have had a cold since last Thursday but manage to muster up energy to do a simple slow walk and the fresh air has been good for me. I am keeping it short while I am sick, but even when I think I may not go for my 2nd or 3rd, I find my body is moving me out the door, eager for its fix. I get going pretty early in the morning to get one in before work at our little park, then go in the afternoon on the track at work (love that we have that) or in parks on the weekend, finishing it off sometime in the evening (usually night - love the late walks) just up and down our street.

The walking is huge for my creative flow. I have written more poems since I have started the regular walking, and I find that since I do them mainly in my head that I remember them more. I will often finish/edit it at home but the main idea is set on the walk. Not every walk spurs a poem, but many do right now. As no surprise, since I am walking outside nature is a big theme right now for me. But I also relate my spiritual growth from my meditations into poems as well.

Interesting that this past week I didn't do as much yoga - the walking is taking more of its place but I am still finding the balance of what I will do as I progress. It is just fun trying to find the time for them all. Often I sit on the porch or a quiet place and do a full meditation after my walk. Great peaceful time. When I do my yoga now, I am more at peace and feel which poses I need to go into. While I have been sick restorative is more in tune, and it really helped to clear my sinuses one night. I have missed my class a bit lately due to schedule and work, but went to two workshops so that was nice. I will have to do more at home since my husband got a new job and our schedules may be up i the air for a while. Thinking of replacing my Tuesday class for a Sunday one. We will see.

I can really see how all the yoga, meditation and walking are enhancing my creativity and soul. I feel so alive right now. More than ever before. It is a great feeling.

Looking forward to a Thursday group mediation this week which I am sure will provide more visions and insights as well as inspiration for more poetry.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment