Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Untouched Beauty

In the center of the circle
hidden in the rolling hills
lies a luxurious wildflower patch
full of vibrant colors
that beckons me to come
and breathe the fragrant air
before it is carried away
in the autumn mist

The first sight of this patch
brought such joy and excitement
I walked over and stared
with enamoration
at the immensity of it

I picked a bunch of flowers
in remembrance of that moment
but they didn't last long
beyond the magic of the patch

They could not capture
The same sensation
as the field in full bloom
With bees buzzing around
and the manicured grass
under my feet
A stark contrast to the
untouched natural landscape
before my eyes

I stood in awe at the beauty
we cut away each day
to pave the way for progress

10/13/14

No comments:

Post a Comment