Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yoga and Meditation Reflections and Poems

I have been continuing my twice daily yoga and meditation practices as well as my daily walking and I am feeling great. I attended a meditation workshop in California this past weekend. It inspired many poems which I am sharing together here. 

My Garden

I long to be free
of the burdens buried so deep
They sting and burn
so badly it makes me weep.

I try to pull them out
with a swift little tug,
But maybe it would be
easier if I gave them a hug?

My garden quite contrary
is staring back at me,
My guides have mapped it out
clearly for me to see.

I sowed some seeds
and now must reap the cost,
If I just let them go,
what would I have lost?

New seeds need planted there
to flourish and to grow,
I can release the old
and let my essence flow.

With the breath of life
my heart can be released,
If I surrender I can 
finally find some peace.


Get Honest

Get honest, Get honest
with what you really want
Get honest, Get honest
with what you can't accept

My honesty to others
is my golden rule
So why is it so hard
to find it in myself?

Acceptance, Acceptance
is what I strive for most
Approval, Approval 
is what I desperately seek

Perfection, Perfection
is my guiding force
Rejection, Rejection
is my biggest fear

Judgment, Judgment
scares me to the core
Acknowledgement, Acknowledgement
I long for every day

Why should I do anything
If I may do it wrong?
So I sit and avoid it all,
I prolong.

All or nothing
is what I secretly live,
Why do I hold it back,
when I have so much to give?

Acceptance, Acceptance
of myself I need the most
Approval, Approval
needs to come from within

Perfection, Perfection
is only an illusion
Rejection, Rejection
is only a reflection

Judgment, Judgment
is hardest from myself
Acknowledgement, Acknowledgement
of my true self is the key

Get Honest, Get Honest
take a good long look inside
Get Honest, Get Honest
until there is nothing left to hide.


Start Living

Stop living in silence
afraid to make a move;
Stop hiding your failings,
thinking no one will approve.

Stop living in fear
that you won't be good enough;
Stop hiding your problems
just because they are too tough.

Start living in truth
from deep within your core;
Start showing your gifts,
and open up that door.

Start living in fullness
holding nothing back;
Start showing your true self,
without fear of what you lack.


Seeds

Arrogance
Pride
Bitterness
Despair

Jealousy
Hatred
Sadness
Fear

Seeds of 
Discontent
Buried deep
within

Longing to
release
Be free 
of all 
the sin

Truth
Humility
Faith
Hope

Respect
Love
Joy
Peace

Seeds of
Enchantment
To nurture
and grow

Longing to
Embrace
Believe in
and show


Let Love Flow

Love is my gift
but also my curse
For loving too deeply
can make matters worse

Love for others
flows freely from my breast
But loving myself is 
the ultimate test

Giving is easier
but receiving is the key
So I open my heart
and let love flow to me


Breathe

Breathe it in
Let it take hold
Breathe it out
Let is release

Don't hold your breath
waiting for the start
Take a deep one aimed
straight into your heart.

Breathe it in
Let it flow
Breathe it out
Let it go


Dig Deep

Dig, Dig, Dig
Dig deep inside
Dig, Dig, Dig
don't let it hide

Dig, Dig, Dig
until you see
Dig, Dig, Dig
the reality

Dig, Dig, Dig
leave no stone un-turned
Dig, Dig, Dig
to reap what you've earned

Dig, Dig, Dig
don't just pretend
Dig, Dig, Dig
it never ends

Dig, Dig, Dig
let freedom ring
Dig, Dig, Dig
let your heart sing

Dig, Dig, Dig
the key to peace
Dig, Dig, Dig
is just release

Eternal Flame

Light the spark
Let the flame ignite
Don't let it fade
Keep it burning bright

Feel the power
of God in your heart
Don't let anything
tear that apart

Feel the flow
of energy from on high
This sacred gift
is one you can't deny

Let the flame 
go deep into your soul
Let it cleanse
and make you whole

Don't try to fight
this feeling from within
Just accept if freely
and give in

This spark is the flame
of eternal love
Sent to each of us
from heaven above

MAL 10/5/13

Fear and Peace

Fear is the mind killer
and a spirit killer too,
Once you let it in,
it will eat away at you.

Fear is the wasteland
of your broken dreams;
The primal power that
makes you want to scream.

Fear is a trap
holding you so tight,
You cannot loose its grip,
if you try with all your might.

We must seek it out
and let it bubble up,
Before it overtakes us,
and the dam erupts.

Release the fear
into the light of day,
Only then can you 
clearly see the way.

Peace is the answer
to your every prayer;
Open up your heart
and find it everywhere.

Peace is the fountain
that will wash away your sin,
Quiet your mind
and let it seep in.

Peace is the key
to open up the cage;
Let go of your grip
and let it take away your rage.

We must accept it
and let it sink into our pores;
The more we open up,
We can feel it more and more.

Embrace the peace
into your every cell;
Let it find its home
and within your heart dwell.


Angel Song

Angels are calling
with songs of love
Sweetly streaming
from heaven above

I see them surround me 
with comforting charm
I feel them wrap me
up in their arms

They are all around us
if we but glance
Helping to guide us
at every glance

Drawn to our love,
our joy and our peace
Their love always flows
and will never cease

They are creatures of Light 
shining brightly for all
There to catch us
if we should fall

Open your eyes
and look very clear
For chances are
an angel is near

Open your ears
and hear their call
For they can help
to save us all.

MAL 10/6/13

1 comment:

  1. I just read these again myself and I can't believe all that came out of me at this workshop. It was truly deep and inspirational. I really tapped into what I needed to get out of it and it is helping to transform me.

    ReplyDelete