Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Yoga and Meditation Journal – 10/1/13

I set my goal of doing yoga and meditation daily and I have been doing it. 


I did yoga outside under the stars on Saturday and yesterday, then did a restorative practice to end it nicely afterwards. I also did restorative on Sunday. I am really enjoying that and it brings a new aspect to my personal practice. It gets me ready to get some sleep!

I have meditated every day since last Thursday which is great progress. It feels so good to do both daily as it centers me and fuels my inspiration. The poem I was inspired to write about yoga (On My Mat) made me realize how important it is to me for becoming healthy in all aspects of my life. It really is the union (what “yoga” means) of physical, emotional and spiritual. Writing about it really fixed it upon me to work on my goals.

I even did yoga twice today and did a tiny meditation this morning. I got up early enough this morning to do 30 minutes of a gentle yoga practice. It felt great as I hadn't done it in the morning in a while and it centered me for the day ahead. Then I went to my favorite yin yoga class this evening. Ah, it is the best!

I have also started walking. I did a 30 minute walk last night in my little park and today at lunch (we have a track at work) for about 20 minutes.

So my new goals are:
Yoga and Meditation twice a day
Walking once a day

I think these are the keys to perfect health for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment