Friday, September 27, 2013

Meditation Reflections - 9/26/13

I had two really great meditations Wednesday and Thursday.

One was our usual weekly meditation at work. It was just two of us, with my close friend that has been doing this with me for a while, so it was very powerful and full of energy. I led it again. I feel that I am getting better at leading, and feel the guidance to say what comes to me at the time. She found that everything I said was exactly what she was doing/feeling after she did it. It is great that I am able to get deep into it even when I lead. We are both going to California to the large meditation retreat so this is good preparation for that trip.

Thursday we did another one at her house, with our other close friend as well this time. She felt that I was meant to lead again, and that worked again. I felt a ton of energy coming in and through me, and didn't question the guidance/what I was drawn to say much at all. I was drawn to take us to the purest part of our heart, and let our true self out of its cage, to fly free. Also to bring in and radiate light from our hearts. Then we swirled a ball of light around to wherever in our body needed healing, and imagined a color. I imagined red and it went to my legs and some to my heart. Then we went deep into our hearts and I felt my true self and its gifts of peace and love. I felt it throughout me and the tingling that comes with that. Then I felt the guidance come through. I felt my healer guide and angel with me. I asked if I was following what I was meant to say and they said yes. I asked to be healed so that I can help to heal others. I felt that this was accepted. After the meditation, we shared and talked for a long time. Great insights with that. I admitted that my fear of going to California is the weight issue. I hate being told what I already know I need to change. But I feel it needs to come from the inside out. Acceptance of myself is key. I also expressed that I feel frustration/annoyance at work and that I am tuning into that and trying to release it.

On my drive home, I found myself drawn to repeat the following affirmations:
"I love and approve of myself"
"I love and accept myself for who I am now"
Then those two, replacing I with you.
"I am pure peace and love"

I got an inspiration for a poem about acceptance, especially of myself. I wrote it when I got home and posted it here. It is called "Accept Me".

I plan on trying to mediate every day this weekend and my goal is for every day next week, for a minimum of 20 minutes a day. Want to get in the practice of doing this every week. Right now I am only doing it a few days. The poetry seems to flow more when I meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment